Planning a trip to Portland this summer? The Inn at the Convention Center has your guide to the perfect Portland summer vacation. With summer just starting, there is plenty to do and see, whether you are planning a quick weekend get-away or a trip with the whole family. Here are a few things you might want to check out during your stay:
- The Portland music scene has a little something for everyone. Portland is host to a number summer music festivals, including the Waterfront Blues Festival, running July 3 - 6 along Portland’s scenic Tom McCall Waterfront Park and MusicFestNW, running August 16 -17 Tom McCall Waterfront Park.
- Want to take in single concert? Portland’s Concerts In the Park series features free concerts in parks throughout the city or see a show at the Oregon Zoo. The Zoo Summer Concert Series has performances from well-known artists, such as Pat Benatar and Pink Martinini. Check out Portland Monthly Magazine’s 2014 guide for a full list of concerts happening this summer.
- Feel like taking in an outdoor movie? Flicks on the Bricks features free movies every Friday night through July and August in downtown’s Pioneer Square Park.
- Portland museums are fun for all ages. All summer long, the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is featuring Dinosaurs Unearthed, a fascinating exhibit features animatronic dinosaurs, complete skeletons and the latest in fossil evidence to take an in-depth look at the lives of dinosaurs.
- The Portland Art Museum is bringing Paris to you this summer. The museum is host to The Art of the Louvre’s Tuileries Garden, an international exhibition celebrating the art, design and evolutions of Paris’ most famous gardens.
- Learn more about Portland style. The Museum of Contemporary Craft presents, Fashioning Cascadia: The Social Life of the Garment. This exhibit takes a deep look at the intersection of fashion and craft and the evolution of “Northwest style.”
- Need to wet your whistle? Portland is not only home to a large number of high-end restaurants and craft breweries, but also host a number a food and beer festivals. Discover your inner foodie at Portland’s largest culinary event, The Bite of Oregon. Running August 8 - 10 at the Tom McCall Waterfront Park, this festival features local food venders, wine and beer, in addition to live entertainment.
- Celebrate craft beer at the 27th Annual Oregon Brewers Festival. This festival features more than 80 difference craft beers from around the country, food venders and more. Always the last weekend of July ( this year, July 23 - 27) at Tom McCall Waterfront Park, the Oregon Brewers Festival lets you enjoy a good brew with views of the Willamette River, Mt. Hood and the Portland skyline.
- Looking for that rare, hard-to-find import? The Portland International Beer Fest features more than 200 world-class beers from 16 different countries. Enjoy some of the top rated beers in the world, right in the heart of Portland’s east side. The International Beer Fest runs August 8 - 10 at Holladay Park at the Lloyd Center.
Located on Portland’s east side, the Inn at the Convention Center is close to local attractions – such as the Rose Quarter, the Lloyd Center, OMSI and the Oregon Convention Center – and a convenient max ride away from downtown, Providence Park and the Oregon Zoo. For more ideas on things to do during your stay, visit Travel Portland.